Spacing between references in a reference list or bibliography:
In text citation - when authors names used:
Corporation/Organisation as author
Enter the organisation name in full eg. World Health Organization
The copyright date is identified by the symbol ©, the letter "c" or the word copyright before the date.
If no publication date can be found use the copyright date. Precede the copyright date with the letter "c" eg. c2017
If a publication has a publication date and a copyright date:
URL's should be entered as they appear on the website.
Do not put a full stop after a URL unless it ends on a forward slash - /, or it is followed by the DOI number.
In EndNote add the full stop after the URL in the URL field only if it ends in a forward slash.
Place of Publication
Multiple places of publication
If more than one place of publication is given, use the first one or the one set in the largest type or in bold.
Do not give multiple places.
Begin page numbers with a "p." followed by a space.
Do not repeat page numbers unless followed by a letter.
Include a letter when it precedes a page number (S for Supplement or A for Appendix)
1. Cheers B, Darracott R, Lonne B. Social care practice in rural communities. Sydney (AU): The Federation
2. Hofmeyr GJ, Neilson JP, Alfirevic Z, Crowther CA, Gulmezoglu AM, Hodnett ED et al. A Cochrane
pocketbook: Pregnancy and childbirth. Chichester (GB): John Wiley & Sons; 2008
3. Murtagh J. John Murtagh’s General practice. 4th ed. Sydney (Australia): McGraw‐Hill Australia; 2007.
4. Darwin C. On the origin of species by means of natural selection or the preservation of favoured races
in the struggle for life [Internet]. London (England): John Murray; 1859. Chapter 5, Laws of variation.
[cited 2010 Apr 22]. Available from: http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/origin/chapter5.html
5. Australian medicines handbook online [Internet]. Adelaide (AU): Australian Medicines
Handbook Pty Ltd; 2000. Paracetamol; [updated 2017 Jul; cited 2017 Nov 10];
Available from: https://amhonline-amh-net-au.ezproxy.library.uq.edu.au/.
6. MIMS online [Internet]. Crows Nest (AU): MIMS Australia; 2017. Betamin; [updated 2017 Nov;
cited 2017 Nov 10]. Available from: https://www-mimsonline-com-au.ezyproxy.library.
7. Bengtsson S, Solheim BG. Enforcement of data protection, privacy and security in medical
informatics. In: Lun KC. Degoulet P. Piemme TE, Reinhoff O, editors. MEDINFO 92. Proceedings of
the 7th World Congress on Medical Informatics. 1992 Sep 6‐10; Geneva, Switzerland. Amsterdam: North Holland;
1992. p. 1561‐5.
8. Australia. Parliament. Senate. Select Committee on Climate Policy. Climate policy report.
Canberra (AU): The Senate; 2009.
9. Diabetes Australia. Gestational diabetes [Internet]. Canberra (AU): Diabetes Australia; 2015 [updated
2015; cited 2017 Nov 23]. Available from: https://www.diabetesaustralia.com.au/gestational-diabetes
10. The medical profession in the 1990’s [television broadcast]. The MacNeil/Lehrer news hour.
New York, Washington (DC): Public Broadcasting Service; 1993 Oct 11.