As an HDR student, you can access storage via UQRDM and create a project record to manage your research data. However, there are some things to be aware of.
There are important points to remember when setting up a UQRDM project record for HDR students:
1. Login using your UQ student username and password
2. You must select "HDR Student" on the form
3. Always add your supervisor, as the Project Lead
4. If you also have UQ staff credentials, add these to the project record as a "Collaborator".
Your supervisor will then need to Approve the project record.
Detailed instructions can be found in Setting up your project.
When your project record is complete you will receive an email to activate access to your storage. Click on the link in the email.
If you have added both your Student and Staff login credentials as a collaborator:
1. You will receive Two (2) separate activation emails. One for each login. Activate them BOTH separately as follows.
2. Login with your student ID to activate the email sent to your student account. Click on the link in the email.
3. Login to your computer with staff ID to activate the email sent to your staff account. Click on the link in the email.
If you are logged in as a student when you try to activate your staff ID access, the system will only register your student ID and prevent you from accessing any storage using your staff credentials.
By correctly activating both your student ID and staff ID you will be able to access your storage from anywhere, regardless of which login you use.
Before creating a folder structure in your UQRDM storage allocation, consider discussing the best approach for the folder structure with your supervisor and other collaborators. A well thought out and consistent folder and file structure can improve the efficiency of your work.
There are plenty of ways to get help on setting up access to your storage.
1. You will receive an email advising you that your storage is ready. The email includes instructions on how to access your storage folders for your UQRDM project.
2. Use the Accessing the Storage instructions. These will guide you on where you go to save your documents, set up folders, and store your data.
3. Your UQRDM Project Record also contains instructions on how to access and use your storage.
You can store, save, add folders or documents to your UQRDM storage in the same way you would add them to any other file directory. If you have questions check out our FAQ's for detailed help.
Are you working from home? Do you need to get a Research Progress Report to your supervisor?
Use your UQRDM project storage to share documents with you supervisor.
Please note that you do not need to create a new record to lodge the Research Progress Report if you already have a project record, you can upload your report in the existing record.
1. Check your Supervisor has been added as "Project Lead" in your UQRDM project record. This gives them access to all files saved for this project.
2. Complete your Research Progress Report.
3. Save it to your R: drive or save it via cloud.rdm.uq.edu.au. Make sure you save it to the correct project if you have more than one.
Done! Your supervisor will now be able to access that document from wherever they are, and review it for you.