1. If you are an external collaborator who has been added to a project record, you may wish to access the project research data via a sync client instead of the UQRDM cloud. To do this, please first download the sync client by following the installation instructions, and then follow these instructions:
Note that you should login with the same authentication method that you joined the record with.
2. Once you are logged in, you will see a drop down menu with the options "Personal" and "Log out” at the top right . Select the "Personal" option.
3. On the configuration pane, choose the "Sync clients" option from the side menu.
4. In the ‘Security’ section, under ‘App passwords’, please enter "RDM cloud sync" and then click "Create new app password."
5. Take note of the username format and app password that is created, as you will not be able to retrieve these details later.
NB: However, if you have forgotten your password you could always create a new app password and delete the old one at any stage.
6. Open the NextCloud application, enter the server address: https://cloud.rdm.uq.edu.au and click next.
7. Follow the prompts and enter the username and password combination from the app password setup (in step 4).
8. Then choose which project folders/subfolders to sync and where to sync. For most users the default options will suffice. In this case, everything is being synced and a folder for the sync will be made in the user's home directory.
9. Click "Finish" to complete set up.
10. Once set up, make sure you re-open the application and check that the project folder/s which you would like to sync to your desktop are ticked. Then click "apply".