Note: Please refer to the following terminology when reading this guide
The UQ Research Data Manager (UQRDM) has been specifically designed to help researchers manage their project's research data effectively from project conception, to the publication and dissemination of results. For more information and advice on how to plan, collect and organise your project's research data, please refer to the Research Data Management guide.
Some useful features include:
1. Enables easy collaboration across the whole of UQ and all UQ campuses. Collaboration is also possible with external partners including: researchers from other institutions within Australia (via AAF federation) and overseas (via eduGAIN and Tuakiri - NZ federation), as well as industry partners and those institutions that are not part of the AAF, eduGAIN or Tuakiri federations via LinkedIn.
2. Provides 1TB of data storage per project - this can be increased on request via ITS. The storage is auto-allocated once the project record has been submitted, or been approved by the UQ lead (e.g. for HDR students, the principal advisor will need to approve the request).
3. The record owner or UQ lead can add or remove collaborators to a project at any time.
4. Minimises the occurrence of data loss/leakage by ensuring that the data is stored according to "data type" requirements for security and back-up (e.g. if a project has identifiable human data this will always be stored locally at UQ).
5. Assists in meeting funding body requirements (e.g. ARC), where researchers must outline how they will manage data arising from a project. Completing optional sections of UQRDM allows researchers to add detailed information that can be exported as a data management plan, and included in grant applications or journal articles as required.
6. Offers ease of access to stored data for UQ and external collaborators, via either desktop (for UQ collaborators) or a user friendly cloud based service (for UQ and external collaborators).
7. Brings flexibility to research data storage, and streamlines project workflows.