Use Digital Research Notebooks, via the UQ Research Data Manager system, to organise, store, curate and share all your project's research or laboratory data including working documents, images, observations, and data in any format.
When you are added to a notebook for the first time via UQRDM, you will need to activate your LabArchives account.
You must complete this process to be able to access your notebook. You will only need to activate an account once, and any future notebooks linked to your UQ email will be automatically activated. See below if you are using two UQ email accounts.
Note: HDR students with both staff and student accounts will need to go through the activation process twice, to activate both accounts. Please make sure you use the right Authenticate credentials (staff login for staff account and student login for student account) to activate your LabArchives account.
1. Go to https://au-mynotebook.labarchives.com/
2. Click on LabArchives Sign In and select UQ as the institution. Note: Users who are already logged in to UQ via a session in their browser will be automatically directed to Step 4.
3. You will be redirected to the UQ login page.
4. After inputting your institutional credentials, you will be brought to a LabArchives screen with the options "Link an existing LabArchives account" and "Create or Activate a new LabArchives account".
5. Select "Create or Activate a new LabArchives account".
6. Input your email address with @uq.edu.au for staff, or @student.uq.edu.aufor students (do not use @uq.net.au, or @uqconnent.edu.au emails), in the box that appears and click "Create New account". (Note: students who add their staff account as a collaborator in UQRDM record, will need to login to LabArchives using their staff email to activate their staff account. They will then have two accounts associated with the notebook and can use either to login.)
7. When asked "Do you want to create a new LabArchives account and link with your credentials?" click "Yes".
Your account will be connected to UQ's authentication system. Log in to LabArchives using your UQ ID and Password, and you will be brought directly to your notebook.