As an HDR student, you can access storage via UQRDM and create a project record to manage your research data. However, there are some things to be aware of.
There are important points to remember when setting up a UQRDM project record for HDR students:
1. Login using your UQ student username and password
2. You must select "HDR Student" on the form
3. Always add your supervisor, as the Project Lead
4. If you also have UQ staff credentials, add these to the project record as a "Collaborator".
Your supervisor will then need to Approve the project record.
Detailed instructions can be found in Setting up your project.
When your project record is complete you will receive an email to activate access to your storage. Click on the link in the email.
If you have also added your Staff login credentials in the project record as a collaborator:
1. You will receive Two (2) separate activation emails. One for each login. Activate them BOTH separately as follows.
2. Click on the link in the email sent to your student account, when prompted, login to https://rdm.uq.edu.au using your student ID to activate the access.
3. Click on the link in the email sent to your staff account, when prompted, login to https://rdm.uq.edu.au using your staff ID to activate the access.
Note that you need to go through these two activation processes separately. Once you have activated your student login, logout UQRDM website (https://rdm.uq.edu.au). Then click on the activation link sent to your staff email, login using your staff credentials. The same process applies to the situation where you activate your staff login first, then need to also activate your staff login. This will ensure both your student and staff accounts are properly registered, and you can see both accounts in the system.
By correctly activating both your student ID and staff ID you will be able to access your storage from anywhere, regardless of which login you use.
Before creating a folder structure in your UQRDM storage allocation, consider discussing the best approach for the folder structure with your supervisor and other collaborators. A well thought out and consistent folder and file structure can improve the efficiency of your work.
1. You will receive an email advising you that your storage is ready. The email includes instructions on how to access your storage folders for your UQRDM project.
2. Use the Accessing the Storage instructions. These will guide you on where you go to save your documents, set up folders, and store your data.
3. Your UQRDM Project Record also contains instructions on how to access and use your storage.
You can create folders and upload/save documents to your UQRDM storage in the same way you would add them to any other file directory. If you have questions check out our FAQ's for detailed help.
Do you need to get a Research Progress Report to your supervisor?
Use your UQRDM project storage to share documents with you supervisor.
Please note that you do not need to create a new record to lodge the Research Progress Report if you already have a project record, you can upload your report in the existing record.
1. Check your Supervisor has been added as "Project Lead" in your UQRDM project record. This gives them access to all files saved for this project.
2. Complete your Research Progress Report.
3. Save it to your R: drive or save it via cloud.rdm.uq.edu.au. Make sure you save it to the correct project if you have more than one.
Done! Your supervisor will now be able to access that document from wherever they are, and review it for you.
UQRDM is an easy to use tool that captures all the information you need for a data management plan, and allows you to download and submit this to a funding body.
When you have created your project record, you will have access to additional fields that capture relevant information for a data management plan. Complete as many of the fields that are relevant to your project, and save them in the project record. These will form the basis of your data management plan, so remember to write accurately, clearly and fully. Have a look at our detailed instructions in this guide.
Once you complete your final milestone, the Graduate School will mark you as being eligible for thesis submission:
If you cannot see the Thesis Dashboard, contact email@example.com.
Prepare for submission:
Submit your thesis:
Note: Your UQRDM project record will not be accessible during the examination process.
Go to the Thesis Dashboard
Your thesis will go to your principal advisor and then the Graduate School who will either approve the submission or request amendments.
Once approval has been received:
Your thesis will be marked as passed at the end of the examination process . You will then submit the final version of your thesis via the UQRDM Thesis Dashboard. At this point, you will be asked if you have assigned your intellectual property to UQ. Ensure you discuss this with your Principal Advisor prior to submitting the final thesis.
The final version of the thesis will go to your Principal Advisor and the Graduate School. They can either approve the final submission or request changes.
This is the final step. Once it's conferred, your thesis will be uploaded to UQ eSpace with appropriate access levels depending on the thesis embargo status.